- 0 Comments /
- August 18, 2017 /
- by Sher Spooner /
- fundraising, Sugar Beet /
- Leave a comment
What do reusable bags, the Sugar Beet Food Co-op, and Cluster Tutoring all have in common? They all combine as a way to raise money for Cluster.
During the months of September and October, Cluster will be one of three “Beet Bucks” program partners for Sugar Beet, 812 W. Madison in Oak Park. Here’s how it works:
- Bring a reusable bag, mug, or bulk container to Sugar Beet when you shop.
- Sugar Beet will give you a Beet Buck that you can drop in the Cluster Beet Bucks jar.
- For each Beet Buck given, Sugar Beet will donate five cents to Cluster.
- The donation period lasts two months — September and October. The more you shop, the more money raised for Cluster.
- You can raise even more by buying a Golden Beet Buck for $1 and dropping it in the Cluster Beet Bucks jar. For every Golden Beet Buck, Sugar Beet will pass along $1 to Cluster.
Sugar Beet is a community-owned grocery store that is open to all. It’s a neighborhood source for local, sustainable, healthy food and a way of connecting farmers and producers to customers. Even if you’re not a member of Sugar Beet, you can shop for healthy locally produced food and contribute to Cluster at the same time.
The Sugar Beet Food Co-op is open every day from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.