The Cluster Tutoring Program is seeking a Reading Specialist to work with students in grades K through 8 for its Tuesday evening program that meets in the Austin neighborhood of Chicago. This position requires up to 3 hours of work per week over the course of 24 nights of tutoring from the end of September through mid-May. Half of the time (1.5 hours/week), the specialist can complete work from home. Formulates a reading plan for students who require specialized assistance to improve their reading skills.
- Provides literacy consultation and advice to tutors each week the specialist is at tutoring.
- Ensures all students in grades K through 3 have their reading skills assessed via Easy CBM.
- Conducts reading assessments of returning students for two evenings on specified days in August.
- Attends tutoring on Tuesday evenings and meets regularly with those students who are reading below grade level.
- Upon request, consults with parents and provides advice to support their efforts to improve their child(ren)’s reading skills.
- At least one year of experience as a Reading Specialist or educator, certification preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Familiarity with Easy CBM
- Must have availability on Tuesday evenings from the end of September through Mid-May (excludes major holidays)
- $50/hour (contract position)
Please email a resume and letter of interest to Kara Kalnitz, Executive Director at email@example.com.