Cluster is proud of its track record and can boast the following results:
- Creating relationships that endure. More than 80% of Cluster students and tutors return to the program each year. Recently, that retention rate was even better: 87% for students and 82% for tutors. The average Cluster student stays with the program for four years.
- Improving reading skills. Cluster has a focus on literacy and evaluates student reading twice a year. At the end of the 2016-17 tutoring year, 67% of Cluster students had made progress in reading of a year or more, up from 62% the previous year.
- Academic improvement. Cluster students submit a copy of their report card three times a year, and 62% of students improve their grades or maintain an A or B average while attending tutoring.
- Preparing students for life after high school. In the past 15 years, all Cluster students have graduated from high school in four years, and 90% enroll in college or community college within six months of graduation. In May 2017, all of our graduating seniors had college acceptances, and all were headed to college or a career development program.
- College attendance. Graduates of Cluster Tutoring have gone on to a variety of community colleges and the following four-year institutions: Eastern Illinois University, Tuskegee University, Iowa Wesleyan University, Johnson & Wales, Beloit College, Missouri State University, Morehouse College, Northern Illinois University, Tufts University, University of Illinois at Chicago, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Valparaiso University, and Western Illinois University.